Monday, November 27, 2006

A Long Awaited Update...Uraguay, Thanksgiving and More

A shot down one of Uraguay's streets....the whole town was like this...it was awsome!!!!

Here are a few picks and words from Good Ole Brian during the past month.....comments??

Poor TURKEY..... man it was good though.....what about that beard.....even though it is summer time here I thought i needed to do something a little different

This is a Thanksgiving Asuado that our team attended. Some of our best friends in La Plata prepared this for us. Oh yeah what your are looking at on the right is intestines OH YEAH....IT WAS CHEWY...don't worry though I ate it all. You can guess at what some of the other body parts are there.

Thanksgiving Outreach almost 60 people there. Marico sharing the gospel.

Me and Natalie cleaning out the turkey in my kitchen beforing stuffing it!!!!

Hola Amigos!!! Sorry it has been so long since I have posted. La Plata has been hopping these past few weeks. Well let me update you on what has been going on in La Plata!!! For the past month we have been working on building up English Clubs, sending the old Stint team back to the US, and begining to settle into our ministry positions. English clubs the past month have been great for meeting new people and creating contacts. Our team is really pushing hard to keep English Clubs new every week and making everyone feel at home, needed and loved. It is a great experience to follow up with the students we meet, build realationship, and show God's love to each person.
Another battle which has been tough this last month is dealing with the transition from one team to the next. Emotions from Argentines really flow during this time of transition. For many of them, their best friends are leaving and never returning. This is hard to combat with b/c once seperated from one team it is only natural to cling to the next...thinking to the end of the year...we are trying to make this transition easier. Our goal is to give them truth and try and comfort them. Pointing them to God during the hard times can only help them grow in the future. Our team is praying for a continuos smooth transtions as the months continue.

The ministry is really going strong. When we have big group gatherings a ton of people show up ranging from 60-100....the hard part is rounding those same people up for weekly meetings. This past week we had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration. We were able to gut a few turkeys, make some apple pie and share the love of Thanksgiving with almost 60 people. During this outreach we got to share the gospel in a group setting, along with having an Argentine give a testimony and share the meaning of thanksgiving. From start to finish the Lord placed his hand in the whole event and it went better than ever expected. The Argentine students invloved in Vida Estudiantil were able to mingle with the rest of the students creating a great mix for friendship building and sharing the love of GOD!!!

Some of the ministry postions have really been filled up by Argentines which is a huge blessing for the minsitry....it really shows the growth and Gods soverign hand working here each and every day.

WELL how am I doing in all this. GREAT!!! The past week was proably the hardest seeing the old team leave, dealing with my emotions and the realazation that I am here alone!! Bigger than this though is Gods love for me and my love for him. Every day I countinue to learn more about myself and my walk. I grow more excited to see what this year holds.

This past weekend was another trip for our team. We reached the first of many visa renewals for the year....every 3 months we must leave the country for a day and re-enter. This weekend we went to Uraguay which was a great experience. We had to wake up super early to catch a fairy. This fairy is called the BUQUEBUS...funny name try yourself and pronounce it. We road the fairy for three hours. It was a nice smooth morning to ride the fairy. The day in Uraguay was filled with a ton of pictures and relaxing experiencing a little different peice of the world. The whole town is filled with flowers and and beautiful sites all border by the ocean. I got to go up into a light houes and about got blown off. Good times. Great photos. The trip back was not smooth sailing. On our trip back we ran into a storm not just a little storm but a huge one. The huge fairy was swaying back and forth so bad it was hard at times to stand up!!! But no worries we made it fine...a little exciting at times...saw several people with the throw-up bags and wash rags...thank goodness for a strong stomach!!!

Tonight was one of my first times cooking alone many times I have help in the kitchen but tonight i did most of it on my own. I only cooked meet though. But I did a good job all the guys liked it. The other cooking experince was with pizza i cooked by myself 8 pizzas in one night for a guys outreach at our apartement...fun times playing a culture game called truco!!

Well i will try to do a little better keeping up with this blog from now on. I am glad i got to update all of you email is always appreciated and I love getting it even if it is short. Brian.Williams@uscm.org Hopefully i can do this more often and make them a little shorting. Comments are much appreciated too!!!!!!!! This way i know someone is ready this stuff!!!11

Prayer Request: For continued strength in learning the lanuguage, for God to use me each day to my fullest, for strength in dealing with being away from home and friends during the hoildays, for continue bonding between me and my roomate and that every day I am obey Gods will for my life!!!

God Bless, Happy Late Thanksgiving

P. S. Tonight I also tried for the first time in my life to install a light in our kitchen....well I got the wires figured out and I was able to actually get it working for the most part....the problem was it would not go off with the light switch....a little problem right....well i connected the light switch with the rest of the blue wires and said hit if Fabbie.....sure as the world it BLEW EVERY FUSE FROM OUR APT. TO THE BASEMENT A LITTLE PROBLEM!!!! No big deal later in the evening the electrician came and replaced and re-wired everything in our apt. that had problems....Praise the Lord for electricians!!!!!! I mean, I know how to wire....I can't help it that these Argentine buildings are not up to the usually American Code that I am used to working with!!!!!

Night to All

1 Comments:

Blogger kathryn said...

i'm so proud of you for posting, brian. good stuff! now, you didn't tell them about how you dropped the shutters from your kitchen window 9 stories their death on the sidewalk below...how you managed not to hit pedestrians, i don't know! the people in the apartment building have to be getting tired of you :)

9:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home