Friday, January 19, 2007

FIRST CAMPAMENTO

Hola EVERYONE, Just wanted to post some on my blog as I returned from my first summer camp of the year and head off to my second. This past month has been great. I have had the opprotunity to really grow some realationships with several students that stayed in La Plata over the summer. Two of those people being Matias and Martin from La Plata. Having the opprotunity to love and care for them and show them God's love has been amazing. Unfourtuanly, sorry about all my spelling mistakes, niether got to venture to summer camp which was disapointing. God has been so good over the past little bit. I have really seen myself grow and I am in a huge growing proccess with God right now. He has gotten a hold of my heart in a lot of areas and wants me seek him more, giving over control to him. Which is great that is what life is all about growing closer to God everyday...its just a little harder. These past few weeks also I have desired to be at home for one of the first times here in La Plata and that is a hard battle to fight, desiring to go home knowing that it will throw a twist in how God is working in you and refining you for the future.
While at summer camp I was just really shown how much God was working in students lifes. Also, I saw God using me to speak to students...no not nessacarily in their laanguage all the time but through loving them with simles and big hearts, serving and giving of myself. It was a great time for that. Although this camp was hard for me to really connect to God, most of the praoblem being we were working our tails of decorating each day, evangalism, and just helping everywhere that need us. Also the lanugage barrier just through preachers and songs was at sometimes difficult, but this also made me realize how much God is cross cultural and it was so amazing to see so many students connect with God....you could just feel his presence.

Camp had around 250 students and staff. The over all facility where we stayed was not the best...but God worked through that and still brought the best of everything. During that week also several people got sick my self included and made it more difficult to focus. We all were sick to our stomachs and on the pottys for endless hours!!!! Don't worry we finally recoverd.
During camp we had several good speackers, Victory Koh, Dan Keller were two of the Americans. Victory was the director in Singapore for CRU and Dan works with leaders in the east. We also had two spanish speakers who delivered small group and large group talks. The whole week was focused on evangalism which we did every day either on the beach or in the center of Mar Del Plata. So many good stories and so many people seeing Gods power. We also had a ball of a time. Every night was a different theme party, we had Salsa, Karaoke, Dance Party, Movie Night, Argentine Idol, and many more those were a few of the most fun. We also taught some guys how to play american football that was great too....they all wanted to play taclkle like the pros it was great. At the end of the week God RAISED UP 10 new staff members for Campus Crusade....God is so GOOD

I have had one week to recover. This week we have been cleaning the sede(vida estudiantil meetings place), and preparing for our next trip along with vacation. We go to Campemento for one week then leave for a project with the Maupuche Indians, then we go on Vacation for 2 weeks in Bariloche then back to La Plata. During this time also we are having to of our first familes visit Jennifers and Natalies so that is super exciting. I am really excited about the next summer camp, I am going to have to opprounity to edit some film and pictures putting together movies for the whole week...I am really excited to serve in that way creating a great atmosphere for the camp. I am ready to learn more language as well and meet new people but also continue to work with the staff of Argentina who have super eager hearts to serve and give of themselves...which is amazing. I really enjoy working with them.
Things are also really progressing with my relationship with God. He has really been working in my lately and pushing me to grow in areas I never knew. Just keep me in prayer for a disciplined heart one that is consistenly following him and seeking him, aslo asking for discernment in relationships, and friendship what his will is for those. Just strenght to stand up under intense intertermoil when I have the desire to go home, also when dealing with making a decsion about stinting a second year. Pray that God would guide me and that I would step out in faith and that I could find peace in all choices ahead. Thanks for all the prayers they mean a ton to me and it is an encouragement that people are praying everyday. May God richly bless you!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home